So does age really matter? Does age have EVERYTHING or NOTHING to do with gaining & losing weight?!
Note: Before the article, just a friendly reminder that today is the LAST DAY to receive a copy of The 10-Day Strip The Fat Diet for *FREE* when you grab a copy of her Curvalicious workout:
Now, onto an article that explains why your age has nothing to do with gaining weight. Blame Flavia for burning this excuse for you
Muscles, Metabolism & Body Composition
By Flavia Del Monte
There are a few things you need to know about muscles, energy, and metabolism:
• Muscles use energy when they contract (they’re highly metabolic).
• The more intense muscle contractions become, the more energy they’ll use to perform the movement.
• Eventually, movements can become so intense that your muscles will use more oxygen than your body can produce. This creates an oxygen deficit that can last for hours after a workout.
• Your body needs more nutrients after an oxygen deficit because it needs to replenish its energy and oxygen levels.
• To build muscle, you need to be taking in more energy than it’s putting out.
• Resistance training and high intensity exercise,s prevent muscle loss by stimulating protein synthesis.
• Metabolic rates fall for three reasons when you fail to take in enough nutrients: thyroid function slows, there is a reduction in muscle mass, and there is a lower thermic effect of eating.
The secret to changing your body composition is making the right lifestyle changes. Simply by adopting a few healthy habits, you can enjoy lean muscle mass, with a lower body-fat percentage.
Keep the habits, and these changes will continue to stay with you as you age, making it possible for you to burn calories and enjoy a beautiful body shape at any age.
This is quite the opposite of what many people believe.
A number of people blame their poor body shape on the natural aging process, but this simple isn’t true. At least, not quite.
Research shows your metabolism declines with each decade over the age of 25. Your muscle mass also declines between the ages of 25 and 65. And since muscles use energy, we can safely assume the two are related — the drop in your metabolism (which makes losing weight seem more and more difficult as we age) is the result of a loss of muscle mass.
The only way to keep your metabolism at it’s highest levels and ready to burn calories is through regular resistance training, eating healthy, wholesome meals frequently and consistent, and customizing your workout routines to avoid muscle adaption. And if you stick to these three steps, your body should stay healthy, fit, and young for years to come. Ensure your female fitness workouts include resistance training so you can look and feel your best.
END Of ARTICLE
Think your body could benefit from a few extra pounds of muscle?
Adding just one pound of muscle will help you keep off an extra 26,000 calories a year (one pound of muscle burns an extra 50 calories a day).
No wonder girls with muscle can go away on vacations, eat more than everyone else and barely gain weight! Plus that muscle will give your body SHAPE! Shape to slip into that sexy bikini so you’re ready for your next summer vacation.
No muscle = No shape.
Curvalicious provides a lot of direct muscle work to burn fat, give your body shape, keep your metabolism soaring and prevent the scale from spinning upwards ever again.
Join thousands of ladies today and start building a Curvalicious body!
“It’s never too late to start doing what’s right!”